Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wonder Woman #1

Wonder Woman #1 of the new DCU 52 was released today.


The story so far is good.  Dealing with the sort of things that are good for a WW story; innocents, meddling Greek Gods and fighting monsters.   I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, and I mean this in the most positive way, that story is somewhat like a Xena story.  I won't spoil it for you, but it deals with Diana needing to protect a woman and how this woman is the center of infighting between the gods.

Though unlike Xena or even the myths they are both based on, this issue up the ante a bit.

So far I like it and want to see more.

The art is fantastic and Wondy is looking great here.

3 comments:

  1. I can ignore them to be honest. They show up in the comic a total of three times. It is not the iconic WW costume, but it's an improvement over the pants and jacket one from WW #601.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever ignore them as they piss me off too much. But very true about the pants.

    ReplyDelete